Last fall, in the wake of increasing demand for emergency food assistance and decreasing food supplies, MANNA started a quarterly food drive program (MANNAfest) to help stock their shelves. They are teaming up with high school students in the fall, workplaces in the winter, faith groups in the spring and neighborhoods (that's us!) in the summer. I hope you'll consider helping support this drive by donating food.
Crazy Green Studios will be kicking off the drive at tomorrow's 2nd Saturday Artist Market and continuing to receive donations at the studio. We will then deliver our collections to MANNA, where it will be weighed, processed and provided to the agencies with whom MANNA partners.
If you'd like to bring donations to Crazy Green Studios, here's a list of the top ten most needed items:
1. canned meat (spam, ham, chicken)
3. peanut butter (plastic jars only please)
4. canned vegetables
5. canned/dried fruit
6. meal-in-a-can (beef stew, chili, etc.)
7. canned soup
8. dried/canned beans
9. boxed macaroni & cheese or other dinners
10. health & cleaning aids (soap, toothpaste, shampoo, detergent)